- story frame houses
- What is the "frame house»
- We raise frame house with his own hands
Warm, prefabricated, not too expensive, but pretty reliable house - the dream of every owner.And if it can still be almost entirely built with their hands, such a private cottage becomes very attractive to land owners.But what
house completely fall under these requirements?
Our answer - frame building.
story frame houses
frame house under construction
Today, frame housing is most popular in the US and Canada.It was there several centuries ago during the development of vast territories basic material for the construction of buildings was the wood consumed very sparingly (in the form of beams and planks, and not as in Russia, it was decided, whole logs).This home was required to build quickly (within a few weeks or a month, not for a couple of years) and with minimal costs.In addition, those Europeans who mastered the new land, had no opportunity to literally from
lightweight wood frame construction home has become the way to go.Over time (and development of the colder northern territories) wall frame houses turned into a real "sandwich" with an effective insulation material inside.
course, frame construction is found not only in America but also in Europe and in Scandinavia, where for several centuries and built in such a way one-, two-storey houses and three- and four-story buildings for various purposes.
But in the Russian frame house (in its present form) has become popular only in the last decade.
What is the "frame house»
Construction of the walls of a frame house
frame building is a structure consisting of load-bearing beams and columns (usually of wood, allowing for frame construction with their own hands without the use of special constructionequipment) sandwiching protected from the environment warmer.As an insulation material made use of foam (polyurethane foam, polystyrene), mineral wool or "Ecowool."
Exterior insulation protects cement-chipboard, OSB plate or water-resistant plywood.
«sandwich" construction frame house obtained relatively easy (compared with brick or building block houses), and therefore does not require a bulky device strip foundation (it is possible to confine a solid concrete slab under the entire building or pier foundation).
foundation, except that transfers the load from the building to the ground, and even raises the house above the ground, thus preventing the penetration of moisture (this is especially important for frame houses, having in its composition wooden elements).
We raise frame house with his own hands
Pouring the foundation for a frame house
There are two variants of the construction of frame houses:
- house is assembled from prefabricated elements produced in the factory;
- building is being built "on the spot" from the particular materials that are only at the construction site and assembled into a single structure.
You and I will consider the second option:
Any construction begins with the design of the project frame housing in this case is not an exception, because it is much easier to provide all the details and dimensions on paper first and then suffer a fit of materials directly onconstruction site.Suitable types of project can be found on the Internet, but if you want to build something very individual, project documentation is better to order in the project group or organization involved in the construction of frame houses.The project must be the foundation drawings, floor plans, elevations and sections, as well as plans for the roof and floor.
device skeleton frame house
In accordance with the project originally performed the foundation of the building.Most often selected pier foundation, elements of which are connected on top of one raft rigid structure.Such a foundation can be done almost entirely on their own (with the help of one or two assistants).
While the foundation is gaining strength you need (it will take about a month), you can buy the material for the construction of the house (the required number and size of the project should be calculated):
- waterproofing material for laying it on top of the foundation;
- timber (length and cross-sectional dimensions depend on the room size and wall thickness);
- variety of fasteners for assembly of the frame (screws, nails, anchor bolts, etc.);
- antiseptic and fire retardant for wood;
- plywood, OSB, or DSP for lining;
- material for the assembly of the roof of the building (insulation, lumber, roofing material, insulation);
- superdiffuzionnaya membrane vapor barrier for walls, plus a simple steam.
corner rack mounting frame
Do not forget to prepare a tool for working with wood and building level, tape measure, hammer and other necessary "stuff".
next stage frame construction with his own hands - the processing of all involved in the construction of the house lumber antiseptics (this will reduce the rate of decay of wood) and fire retardant (wood will be able to resist longer in a fire in the fire, and you - a few extra minutes to leave the burning building).
Installation strapping timber
Now you can start the construction of frame houses.Let's start with laying the sill:
- laid on top of the foundation roofing;
- followed lumber sill, which can dock at the corners of one of the most popular ways to further strengthen the place of the nails or anchor:
- check horizontally laid beams, as well as compliance with the diagonals and angles,
- attach beams to the foundation with anchor boltsin increments of no more than 1 meter;
- again check the horizontal top surface of the bar, angles and diagonals.
Then proceed as follows:
Methods of fastening bar
- Set the frame uprights, starting with angular elements.Racks attach to the beam sill using reinforced steel corners:
- to stand not staggered, temporarily fasten them together (on the diagonal) on one side of the board.
- Do not forget the window and door openings, as the distance between the posts at these locations will be different from the usual (in the plane of walls without openings).
mount rack with a steel bracket
- Secure the top bar strapping with steel corners.
- Check all vertical and horizontal elements.
technology frame construction
- Each rack fix the struts of lumber constant small section:
- Fit the corners of the steel beams.
- Follow truss, lathing, lay roofing.
- Obsheyte the outside of the frame house with plywood, OSB, or DSPs.
- Fix vapor barrier membrane construction stapler (later on it will beat you crate and secure the siding).
- in the space between the studs tightly packed insulation.
- Close insulation vapor barrier, attaching it to the studs stapler.
- Obsheyte frame house from the inside with plywood, DSP, or OSB.
Video Learn about the features of Scandinavian technology construction of frame houses:
Canadian construction technology of frame houses:
frame house with two floors
Railusing steel angle
frame house with paneling block-house
frame house, lined with clapboard
House wooden frame
If you budget allows, order the construction of a frame house turnkey.Alternatives may be home of SIP panels, sandwich panels, lumber house.