- stage of preparatory work
- Professional Advice
- Trial plastering
At the final stage of finishing the work of certain categories of special importance is attached to such responsible procedure as preparationwalls under the decorative plaster.This is explained by the fact that the well-known advantages of this unique coating can occur only when the wall surface is perfectly prepared to finish.
Outset that known techniques of preparatory work do not differ substantially from similar events held prior to painting or pasting wall wallpaper.Moreover, when the implementation is not necessary to seek an absolutely smooth wall surface, because due to its great material damage plasticity hides all the bumps on it.
stage of preparatory work
sanding after putty walls
It should be understood that the application of the plaster is made only at the final stage of finishing work, when all window and door openings are already installed in its place, and you have chose
- first need to remove the remnants of paint, wallpaper and old fillings with a finished surface;
- then must be treated with a special primer wall, ensuring the achievement of reducing (reinforcing) effect;
- in wet areas in addition to the priming composition of the wall to be treated antifungal action;
- existing cracks on the walls will need to embroider and fill in the special repair structures.In that case, if the crack is very deep and wide - filling them with a special compound is produced in several stages;
- after the wall is completely filled, you can go to the application to them of the base layer fillings, providing the final alignment of the surface and is the basis for subsequent finishing her decorative plaster.
sealing cracks - alignment
When all putty operations can proceed to the grinding surface of the walls with fine sandpaper.
Surface wall plaster certainly made taking into account a number of factors the following lines:
- each of applied layers of fillings require thorough drying (at least 2days);
- avoid cracking experts recommend the use of "serpyanku" (so-called special self-adhesive mesh);
- after the final drying putty wall surface is desirable to process the acrylic primer deep penetration, able to provide good adhesion to the decorative coatings;
- hardening of the primer layer to protect him from the separation can be done through the use of a special impregnation.This chosen shpatlёvochny composition used in the preparation of the walls must have good absorbent properties (not allowed, for example, the use of materials on the oil-based adhesive or alabaster).
primer for decorative plaster has to be applied taking into account the following recommendations:
- thickness of the primer layer should be about 2 centimeters;when its thickness at you it will be difficult to obtain high-quality and uniform decorative coating;
- in smoothing primer should be subjected to a mandatory procedure for sealing;
- upon completion of priming the latter must be wetted regularly during the week (for this procedure using a damp sponge).
treated in this way the surface will be ready to be applied to her layer of plaster.
Special attention should be paid at the same time for smooth transitions generated between smooth and textured strips coating.
more tips on preparing the walls under the decorative plaster can be found below: