- Materials and tools
- Surface preparation
- Mounting metal frame
- Recommendations made
During repairsin residential homes is often a need in the manufacture of so-called false-walls, which are quite fashionable and widespread these days decorating the reception rooms.Raised a plaster board wall will completely transform the interior living space (including themselves bearing walls).
need for such structures can arise in the case of redevelopment of residential space at the expense of manufacturing partitions, fully simulates the actual wall.With regard to the materials used in the preparation of such structures, for their arrangement is mostly used classic drywall.
before a false wall of plasterboard should be read carefully by those requirements that apply to the conduct of such operations.One of these requirements is the need to prepare all the necessary tools and materials used in the manufacture.
Materials and tools
Before starting the installation work will need to stock up on the following supplies:
- drywall sheet in amounts corresponding to a total area of closed spaces;
- special profiles used for fixing drywall or wooden beams predetermined section;
- nails, dowels and screws for metal and wood (in some cases may be required and expansion of the "butterfly");
- special primer and bonding agents mixture used to finish the surface of the drywall.
Profile for plasterboard wall
addition, you definitely need the following tools:
- wooden mallet or a hammer;
- hacksaw (electric jigsaw);
- electric drill, hammer and screwdriver;
- set of spatulas of several types;
- level, well-sharpened knife and measuring tape.
In carrying out finishing works, special attention should be paid to the preparation of the surfaces, acting as a base for decorating.In our case, such a surface is a plane load-bearing frame, assembled from standard metal profiles or wooden bars of your chosen section.
More before the false wall will take its final form, you have to deal with issues related to the placement of the employed in this sector of communications.In addition (if necessary) and will have to worry about the arrangement of heat and sound insulation.
In practice, as the basis for false plasterboard walls can be used two types of scaffolds made from widespread materials.First of all - this is a classic wooden sheathing, wherein the relative cheapness and ease of execution.The second type of frame - a rigid metal construction, collected from profiles of a given size.
Unlike wooden lath which is not very long service life, the life of the metal frames practically unlimited.In addition most of the elements of this design are resistant to moisture and damp, which eliminates the need of additional protection.
frame of the profiles are easily restored after mechanical damage and can always be reused.The only drawback of such designs is their price, the value of which is considerably greater than the cost of wooden counterparts.
Mounting metal frame
mounting internal partitions
As an example, we suggest that you consider the option of resettlement wall with sliding interior doors, implemented with their own hands.
marking mounting brackets
Assembling the metal frame for such a structure should be made in the following sequence:
- primarily held marking the bearing surfaces of floor and ceiling rails for profiles;
- followed markup seats brackets mounted on the walls of the capital;
- then brackets and profiles are mounted on the guide prepared for their positions in accordance with the produced markings;
- and completion of the assembly along the scribe line on the level set uprights, giving the position of the door pillars and the plane coming finishes.
carcass of metal profile
It is clear that the preparation of the framework should be provided for the sliding door, hide in the thick wall mounted.Mounts door structure should be set well in advance, allowing for subsequent adjustment travel of the web of his guides.
Sheathing false wall
After the frame is installed and thoroughly fixed in place - you can start to its finish.All operations are carried out on the carcass wall known scheme as follows:
- primarily plasterboard blanks are prepared, marked by planting mounted frame sizes;
- ready sheets are stacked near the place of work in the sequence corresponding to the order of their installation in the cell skeleton;
- assembling pieces is best to start from the main wall, followed by finishing the entire area of the frame;
- used for fastening screws are screwed in increments of 15-25 cm;with their heads must be fully recessed into the thickness of the material.
The final stage of work on the arrangement of internal partitions made grouting formed in places pieces of drywall joints, as well as the elimination of small irregularities are always available on the surface of the sheets.This grouts handled not only the joints, but the cap screws recessed into the material.Then, using a fine-grained sandpaper surface of the future partition carefully grind.
Thanks to this operation, you need to get a perfectly flat plane, without having any discernible by eye defects.Upon completion of grouting and polishing prepared to finish the surface of the soil manually or by using a roller, and then thoroughly puttied.
better galvanized screws
In conclusion, we suggest to familiarize with a number of recommendations from people with great personal experience of this class.Experienced experts advise to pay attention to the following operational highlights:
- not allowed to apply for finishing drywall in rooms with high humidity (above 85%) and temperatures below plus 10 degrees Celsius.
- Before you start plastering work is recommended to ventilate the room to reduce humidity in it.In addition, direct mounting dummy walls of plasterboard should also be carried out in full airing of living spaces.
- It is advisable to use as fastening screws had the zinc coating, which eliminates the possibility of rust stains on the surface of the partition.
In no case do not try to save on plastering operations.This "savings" you significantly shorten the life used for decoration materials.
Watch a master class on the construction of internal partitions of plasterboard from Alexei Zemskov: