- requirements cellar
- Appointment ventilation
- ventilation device
- Check the ventilation
Modern homes in most cases are equipped with a basement- Areas in which more than half the height of the walls into the ground (if the penetration is less than half the height, it is the basement).The popularity of using cellars associated with the possibility of additional space for placement of a plurality of areas with various functions: boiler room, workshop, sauna, gym, office, home theater and others.But the most common use of the basement is a device in their cellars.In this case, the homeowners themselves create additional space for storage of food, have an opportunity, not leaving the house, go down to the cellar to the need with food (in this case they are not afraid of any vagaries of weather - cold, snow, rain).
What should be the cellar
normal functioning of the cellar means that the following conditions:
- Blackout. ensures the absence of windows in the room and the use of electric lighting only during the period of its people.
- low temperatures. ensures that the cellar in the basement (required contacting the outer wall of the house).
- fresh, clean air. provided through the organization of supply and exhaust ventilation.
- relative humidity of about 90%.
Before you learn how to make the ventilation of the cellar of a house will understand her appointment.
air circulation in the cellar important condition for the effective use of the cellar is the creation of the ventilation system.Thanks to well-organized ventilation in the cellar creates an atmosphere conducive to long-term storage of vegetables.In poorly ventilated room, the air becomes humid and musty, resulting in a rapid decay of vegetables and ventilation creates a strong draft, which leads to shrinkage of root crops.It is therefore important to establish the correct ventilation in the cellar and create in it an optimum temperature and humidity conditions.
For the organization of natural ventilation cellars need to install two air - one supply, the second - extraction.The material for the manufacture of air ducts can serve as a galvanized or asbestos pipe of suitable diameter.Pipe diameter is calculated from the ratio: 1 m2 cellar is necessary to provide 26 cm2 area of the duct.
consider the requirements for installing ductwork:
- Chimney. Removes stale air out of the cellar.Set along one corner of the room, with the lower end thereof is located near the ceiling.The duct runs vertically through all the rooms, the roof and rises above the ridge of about 50 cm. To reduce the amount of condensation inside the pipes (and the number of winter frost), you must perform a warming of the exhaust duct of a sandwich - paving one pipe to another and fill the gap between the pipe insulation (mineral wool 50 mm thick).
- Supply pipe. provides inflow of fresh air into the cellar.Installation of the pipe produced at the corner opposite from the location of the exhaust duct.The open end of the pipe is at a height of 40-60 cm from the floor cellar.Duct runs through the overlap and ends at 80 cm above the floor.
Fixing the ventilation pipe
movement of air through the pipes cellar ventilation is due to different proportion of internal heat and external cold air.If the temperature difference is high, it may be a strong draft, which quickly freezout cellar.Therefore it is recommended to install a special valve-gate on supply and exhaust pipe - this will regulate the flow of air circulating in the cellar.
Check the ventilation
Check the efficiency of the ventilation system is possible by means of thin sheets of paper applied to the ventilation pipe, which should be slightly sway due to the impact of moving air streams.Another method of visual observation of air flow is the use of smoke in the cellar of the installed capacity of burning embers.
If the efficiency of the ventilation system is low, in the cellar there mustiness and dampness, condensation forms on the surfaces of the walls and ceiling, and at worst will mold.
When installing combined ventilation exhaust duct is inserted into the fan (up to 100 W), blows out the stale air.Due to this negative pressure is created and fresh air will flow into the cellar.
Proper ventilation cellar provides the perfect safety of any products.
The following video material you will learn about some of the nuances of the ventilation system cellar: