- Locks on the type of locking mechanism locks
- by type fastening
- Types of door locks
nice door that will guarantee the security of your home should have a qualityaccessories.Loop is defined as resistance and soundproofing doors, but the reliability depends primarily on the quality of the unit built the castle.
Currently, there is a huge variety of door locks.Type of doors as well as the desired level of reliability and fire safety stipulate choice of a particular type of lock.In addition, when buying a door lock is important to consider ease of use of the mechanism, as well as appropriate to the door and the interior generally pleasing appearance.
Locks on the type of locking mechanism
What are the door locks
- mortise lock lever locks, the mechanism of which is not clear even too enlightened to the buyer, have specific closing piece, locking the doorin the closed position.It's called levers.Reliability of the castle determined by the number of details: the more levers, the invulnerability of the door to hackers.For this type of special locks made a massive wrench having beard with different depth cuts.Lever locks have one major drawback: they are much wider than the other types, which complicates the installation of the lock into the finished door.
- cylinder locks have a built in the interior of the cylindrical shape, which in common parlance is called "grub".This larva is made of durable alloy contains from 4 to 6 levers, which is indicative of the high resistance of the castle against hacking.However, the type of cylinder locks require additional hardening for mechanical stability, since it is not immune from twisting, knocking, and other damage.
- recoded locks are an improved version of lever and cylinder mechanisms.Their convenience is the fact that the loss of keys, the door lock is possible to reconstruct a new set.So, in this situation, with the door lock cylinder is sufficient to replace the larva.In the case of the lever locks used a specially designed master key.When you purchase this castle you will receive two sets of keys together with a special tool to recode - L-Key.This device is designed to reset the lock code, if necessary.Thus, losing one set, you can manually reset the code.When you first use the second set of keys, the new code will be set to lock automatically.
- smartloki - a modern type of door locks, which do not require keys.These locks operate by analogy with intercom.In order to pass through the door, equipped with smartlokom, you must either enter the code, or the system will automatically scan the fingerprint or retina.In the event of a power failure, these locks are able to operate autonomously for 2 days.After 48 hours when the battery is low, the door is opened by one key.Depending on the equipment, the cost of smartlokov ranges from $ 200 to $ 3000.
- Mortice that crashed into the door leaf.This type of lock is the most common, in spite of a rather complex installation.
- bills, which have a box-like shape.Door locks of this kind or put on the door leaf or crashed in a special compartment.
- attachments that are totally or partially separated from the door, and this is their main flaw, despite the fact that the core of such locks is made very high quality.
Locks on the type of attachment
There are modern versions of the combined door locks, but their choice should be approached with extreme caution.It is recommended to give preference to proven options.
Types of door locks
most suitable for interior doors are:
- lever locks;
- cylinder locks;
- locks with latch.
reliable and easy to handle lever locks that are equipped with a special lever for emergency opening.Locks with latch intended for lavatories and pantries.
Suitable for all rooms are false and mortise door locks.Completed in metallic colors brass or chrome locks are suitable for any interior, be it living room, made in the style of "antique" or a bedroom in the style of hi-tech.
for warehouse space equipped with wooden or metal doors that are the most suitable attachments or combination locks.
Particular attention should be paid to steel entrance doors, which need thorough seals, guaranteeing the safety of property and security of the people in the room.For this type of door lock is required to pick up in advance.The fact that the steel doors do not allow bill mounting technology.It is important to clarify the order of the door lock in addition to its type, and also the design.You should also pay attention to the width of the lock, which must be strictly suited to the door mechanism should fit inside and be protected from outside interference.
The choice of lock for the front door covered in detail in the following video: