- Step by Step Video
for the construction of many homes and renovations required quality cement.But today, you can quite easily be faced with fraud.Not uncommon is the acquisition of building materials is not the best quality.
When buying cement is important to understand the purposes for which you get it.For example, for plastering cement requires the same brand, but for a completely different ties.There are many types of cement: sandy, slag, carbonate, straining, fast setting and others. In any case, its binding properties will be essential.This abundance and variety of manufacturers brands you just need to learn how to choose the cement that it met all its requirements.
Step by Step
- First, check the reputation of the manufacturer and, preferably, the seller.
- Country of origin plays an important role.By purchasing the Russian cement in the event of claims for its quality, you can submit all claims to the manufacturer directly, because its location will be located nearby.With imported cement is much more difficult to implement, and in fact imported products come to the Russian market is not always fresh (stale mixture also can quickly lose its properties and its consumption of that increase.)
- Take a good look at the packaging and weight.Typically, the cement according to GOST 2226 packed in glued or stapled paper bags (three- or four-) weighing 25kg or 50kg.
- known that the brand of cement - marking strength.The higher the grade, the stronger the structure will be created on the basis of concrete cement purchased.
- In cement, certified according to GOST 31108-2003 mark - CEM I 42,5;dobavochnogo- for CEM II / A-SH 32.5.According to GOST 10178-85 marking Soviet cement respectively PTS500 PC400 D0 and D20.For early strength cement is put the letter "B", for the normal hardening - "H".
- Pay attention to the price.Here is the rule: a small price - low quality.Unscrupulous vendors reduce the price by adding a mixture of various impurities (ash, granite dust, etc.). There are manufacturers who save on transportation and storage of products, which also entails a reduction in quality.The price of cement influence: brand , special additives and form of sale (bulk is always cheaper cement, bagged).
- Finally, look at the date of packaging.If a bag of cement for a long time kept in stock, you can be sure to reduce its qualitative characteristics.According to GOST shelf life - 60 days, but according to GOST put the date on the packaging is not required, and therefore no production date indicated on the bag.Typically, information about the number and characteristics of the purchased parties indicated in the accompanying documents.It is advisable to check every single container with cement for its shelf life.
- sure to ask the seller the storage conditions of the cement mixture, because if it is stored in a damp room, the quality can suffer greatly.
- Finally, remember that it is not necessary to purchase cement in questionable places, make purchases directly from the manufacturer or to the trade organization that works closely with him.
next video will talk about how to distinguish good from poor-quality cement products: