- Advantages Disadvantages
- Slate Slate
- Painting Slate
for any home roof is an important element of protecting itfrom the effects of wind and rain.No less important functions are also thermal protection and to give attractive appearance of the building.From the huge list of commonly used roofing materials, many consumers choose an ordinary corrugated asbestos cement slate.His choice they make, thanks to numerous advantages of this material.
- Cheaper other roofing materials.
- high strength to withstand the weight of a person during installation, as well as the weight of snow.
- low noise.
- not flammable.
- not corrode, it is a good insulator.
- little heated in the sun.
- Perfectly handled by mechanical tools.
- roofing slate is easily repaired by replacement of defective sheets.
Besides advantages slate has the following disadvantages:
- is quite heavy construction materials that require considerable physical effort in the performance of its installation.
- Very brittle material requiring careful, careful handling during transportation and during installation.
- may eventually become covered with moss.
- In its composition contains harmful to human health asbestos.
To eliminate the last two disadvantages can be done painting sheets of slate with special paints.To perform this work, it is desirable to attract professionals specialized firm.But if you have the necessary skills and free time, the paint slate with their hands will allow you to reduce costs.
The article outlines the main points related to the painting of slate.
Preparation for painting slate
Of course, the easiest way to perform a new slate painting, even before its installation.In this case, you do not need to do extra work to painting: using a scraper or stiff brush to clean the old slate from dirt, moss and lichen.At the same time, note that to get good results, the data should be carried out in dry weather.
Primer slate produced after drying antiseptic layer.Due to the deep penetration of the primer into the pores of the slate strengthens its surface and provides excellent adhesion to the slate of the applied layer of paint.The primer should be applied by roller or spray.For best results, use a primer of the same company's products as paint.Do not give up the use of a primer, aswithout it, due to the high porosity of the slate, despite an increase in consumption of paint, you can not achieve uniform staining the surface.
After the primer has dried, you can start to deliver a so-called first layer of paint.It is considered basic, basic.You should carefully paint over all the ends of the slate covering, hard to reach places and corners.
For uniformly colored surface and prevent the formation of divorces and conversions, to be completely dry base layer must be applied to the same paint as the topcoat.
To create basecoat spent about two-thirds the amount of paint (the creation of topcoat spent one-third).
For durable coatings should use a special acrylic paint, the paint work should be carried out in the summer, in the dry, but not too hot weather.
so beautiful slate with spray: