- means of fixing the plinth
- procedure for fixing precast skirting to the tabletop
When arrangement of kitchen furniture along the walls in places of contact is usually formed crackswho manages to hide only by special baseboards, providing reception smooth transition from the walls to the table top.These skirting boards often made in the form of modular construction, consisting of strips and guide fastened to the furniture base.There is nothing complicated about the work there, so how to attach skirting to the tabletop - it means to fix the trim strip on the previously fastened rail.
Bezkanalny kitchen baseboard
installation of such kitchen baseboards allow you to implement the following features:
- protect furniture elements from water in place of articulation to the wall;
- hide all the irregularities of mating surfaces;
- use hollow plinth as conduit for wiring.
Kitchen plinth for wiring
latter possibility will allow you to securely hide
means of fixing the plinth
Features installation plinth
Before starting work on the installation a plinth is necessary to calculate in advance the length of the straps used to close the gap on its entire length.Many people from my own experience, it is recommended to purchase the consumable with some margin.
As for fixing the plinth, in addition we examined ways to install it on the track, you have the following options:
- use of nails or screws;
- «tough» installation skirting glue.
Aluminium kitchen plinth
Screws for mounting plinths are used only in the rare cases when established products are made from materials other than plastic.The reason is that when using them you can easily damage the workpiece mountable plastic.But "hard" glued baseboard complicates its replacement, if necessary, update the decorative trims.
In the case where the alleged regular reinstall the baseboard (to clean the dirt or replace it, for example), your best bet is to use the already mentioned earlier design with a central guide and trim strip.
order of mounting modular skirting to the tabletop
Kitchen plinth of the strap and the guide
been acquainted with the order of installation plinth precast produced, as a rule, in the following order:
- Before you attach the plinthto perform accurate measurements of the tabletop pieces of the assembly of pre-assembled and decide the amount of installed caps and corners.
- Prepare joint (clearing it before it from dust and dirt) and then degrease the joint space.
- Now you can take the plastic base and smear glue both its surface adjacent to the wall and worktop.Laths to "snap" to set aside time in the side.You can also grease the relevant sections of the wall with glue and countertops, adjacent to the plinth.
- After that the base plinth pressed onto the gap in the seal area, and fixed in this state at the time, which is usually specified in the instructions for use of the adhesive composition.
- Immediately after this take accurate measurements of length Panel with considering the fact that it should be got about 5 millimeters at the corners.
- Given the above decorative cut blank, and then places it under the corner, snap the lightly pushing it.
- Repeat these steps for all the blanks plinth and set in place the end caps (on both sides).
The following video presents a variety of forms of aluminum skirting for countertops:
And looks set plinth with a guide:
Narrow aluminum plinth
Skirting the kitchen
Features kitchen baseboards
Kitchen set with aluminum skirting
aluminum moldings attached to the table top
Aluminum edge for kitchen countertops