- tools and accessories
- Connection Types
- Ways of
- technology soldering
Polypropylene pipes have been increasingly used in the mounting of heating systems and water supply -no matter, it laid in your home a new pipeline or repaired the old system of heat supply (of water).To perform a quality installation of the pipeline from propylene pipes did not have to be a qualified plumber.But the search for a suitable and reliable method of soldering, in this case, is relevant.We offer now consider how to solder polypropylene pipes themselves.
tools and accessories
Tools Soldering pipes
- soldering (unit) for polypropylene pipes.The most important tool, but it does not necessarily buy for occasional work in an apartment, you can just rent.But for the owner of a country house, and even with additional heated buildings in the area, such a device must have the time.
- Teflon tips for soldering.Their diameter is 40 mm.Choosing the diameter depends on the specific design features of the water supply system mounted.With the melting of the nozzles is performed simultaneous external and internal parts of the parts (tee couplings or angle), which will then be connected to each other and fused.
- means for degreasing tubes;
- cutter used for cutting plastic pipe;
- pencil (pen);
Types of pipe connections
main types of compounds of polypropylene pipes:
- butt - soldering pipes with a diameter of more than 63 mm.
- flare (coupling) - for connection of pipes with a diameter less than 63 mm.
Flare solder is used for the installation of water pipes in private houses or baths as there is no need to install pipes with a diameter greater than 50 mm.Polypropylene pipe diameter of 40 (50) mm are well suited for trunk lines.To discharge duct, for example, to connect to the mixer cleaning, pipe diameter is ideal from 16 to 32 mm.
pipe joining method
- Flare rations.Pipe diameter ≤ 40 mm soldered using welding Electric has the appropriate packing.For soldering pipes with a diameter ≥ 40 mm require a special apparatus with means for centering.
- butt welding.This type of solder is applicable in cases when it is required to connect the pipe butt diameter ≥ 50 mm and the wall ≥ 4 mm.During the construction of individual cottages butt welding is rarely used.
- Brazing saddles.It is a kind of butt welding.In this case, the cylindrical surface of the pipe is soldered special saddle flare angle 90˚.After a short exposure welded assembly drilled a hole in the pipe through the saddle.After that, the other to the saddle soldered pipe and as a result you will get some welded communicating design resembling the letter «T».
technology soldering pipes
During soldering all your actions should be fast, clear and without fuss.If you have never soldered polypropylene tubes, then you are advised to try out a number of test compounds.Once you feel confident in the independent actions can safely proceed to the welding of pipes.
- At the beginning of the nozzle fully inserted fitting socket and then a trumpet.Following these steps, you must make the desired shutter time.
- very first compound to check on the quality of welding.If you see that hole to block the build-weight polypropylene, which means that the depth of the input of the pipe should be reduced by a few millimeters.
- large diameter pipes need more time for their heating.
- can not overheat the pipe and the connector.
- From the edge of a propylene pipe pencil (marker) must be applied to the mark length meltable part (the point to which the pipe will be introduced into the nozzle).
- If you need to at the other end of the pipe weld fitting one that will change the direction of the connection (corner or tee), the trumpet is necessary to note once again the location for fitting the auxiliary ribs.If it is absent, and the mark is applied on the pipe and fitting.These labels will provide the exact location of pointer when connecting fitting - relative to the longitudinal axis of the tube and its relative rotation to the desired value (for example, to the mouths of both the fittings were in the same plane or arranged at an angle of 90 ˚ to each other).
- Next to the heated nozzle initially introduced flare fitting, pipe and make the necessary exposure.Both parts are pulled out smoothly, quickly connected, combined with previously put labels are regulated by the corners.All these steps are very important to perform quickly and accurately within the allotted time regulations.
Connection pipe fitting
- connected elements still need to secure a 25-30 seconds - after this time the welded assembly will take its final position (polypropylene hardens).
- If your marriage has detected (eg, bending), the defective fragment cut and set in its place a new node (is possible to use the coupling).
- Availability neat fused ring around the pipe and end fitting indicates that the soldering is correct.
- After soldering it is necessary to wipe the nozzle with a cloth in a heated state, while removing the dirt, fusing and metal penetration.
As you can see, especially in complex welded polypropylene not.You only need a little practice.But to gain experience and gain skills necessary to offer small pieces of pipe and your time.
The following footage shows User soldering plastic pipes for novice masters:
It shows the process of welding of pipes using a special soldering iron: